Jewellery Making Classes in Coulsdon, Surrey
Jewellery making class at Woodcote High School, Meadow Hill, Coulsdon, Surrey CR8 3HL. Now booking for Autumn term 2018. Every Tuesday for 10 weeks, 7-9pm. 25 September until 4 December 2018. No class 23 October which is half term. Cost £118 plus materials. the cost varies depending on whether you choose to work in silver or copper and is also dependent on amount and size of work done.
Learn to make Silver and Wire Jewellery in a well established and popular Jewellery Making class in Coulsdon, Surrey.
- Mixed ability course. All levels welcome.
- Progress at own pace with individual support from tutor.
- Beginners will follow a structured series of tasks to introduce basic skills and techniques
No prior knowledge of metalwork is required but some practical aptitude is expected
What Will I learn?
By the end of the course, depending on your level of experience you should be able to complete one or more of the following:
- Pair of Earrings;
- Pair of Cufflinks:
- Bracelet using wire and beads.
The following topics are covered. Each term the exact content is agreed in the class so small groups are working on similar projects.
- Using piercing saw and files
- Using pliers
- Silver soldering
- Finishing and polishing
- Adding shape and form to metal
- Use of hammers
- Stone setting
- Use of Rolling Mills
- Chain Making
- Wire and Bead Jewellery techniques
- Box Making and Small Work
Teaching and Learning Methods
- Class discussion
- Projects set by the Tutor
- Individual projects
- One to one support to develop and work on own individual projects.
If there is something you would like me to cover that is not listed here, then please contact me to discuss.